Know Before You Go
Hawaii's ocean and beach conditions are as unique as the islands themselves. Exercise caution in and around the ocean. When in doubt, don't go out! Below you will find risk and conditions reports covering the most popular Hawaiian beaches.
The purpose and objectives of the Hawaiian Lifeguard Association are to:
- Establish and maintain high standards of professional surf and open water lifesaving for the maximizing of public safety in Hawaiian waters.
- Provide for the public, professional and governmental education in the field of water safety:
- teach, train, develop and disseminate techniques for the rescue of persons in distress in Hawaiian waters.
- teach, train, develop and disseminate techniques for the emergency medical care treatment of person injured in Hawaiian waters.
- teach, train, develop and disseminate information relating to the prevention of aquatic emergencies in Hawaiian waters.
- Actively support the general improvement of lifesaving and humanitarian causes.